Monday, January 12, 2009

Friendship Redefined

11th January 2009

The one thing that excited me from within after such a long time was the apprehension of how would it be like to meet my all time buddies who were on their way all the way from Gurgaon to Panipat.

That one whole year without them, my college seemed nothing more than just a building to me. I could not even imagine that my life could become so tuff without them. The craving for a company, those afternoons when I had to have my lunch alone made me go red in the face. In spite of being in my last years of college I felt as new and as weird as a new comer. My friends redefined the meaning of friendship to me each day but then I had no one to look around to.

Didn’t even know, how I got accustomed to this but I always felt a space within me which I tried to fulfil by those who were around me making them even more upset. Sorry for that but it just happened.

That morning I woke up with a new enthusiasm. The moment I saw my dear ones in front of me, it was like a joyride taking inside my heart. All the gossips (girls love to do it), the tragedies, the fun n frolic, everything wanted to come out at the same moment.
All we wanted to do with loads of excitement were to click pictures and upload them on orkut the very next day. Some times we click pictures to capture happy moments and some times to see how happy we actually are.

Those old time ‘PJ’s’, long walks and sunny winter afternoons were all renewed. I did then realise how lonely I felt all these days and how I had got used to it.

The height of stupidity was the ‘Haunted house’ where we paid to be scared and exhausted our lungs proudly, fed ourselves at Mc Donalds and as it always happens it was time to get back to routine.

A nice Sunday after such a long time and will want to enjoy more. I love my friends who gave so much meaning to my life and make me feel so blessed. I love each one of you and will always do come what may.

2 comments: